The program seeks to identify potential community leaders, educate them regarding civic engagement and leadership opportunities, and provides the graduate, and their sponsoring company, access to a wide network of like-minded professional leaders. Leadership Arlington is committed to identifying leaders from various geographic, ethnic, occupational, and economic segments of Arlington.
BENEFITS OF PARTICIPATION
- Opportunities to employ leadership strengths, increase leadership skills, and recognize arenas in which unique contributions can be applied;
- Expanded awareness of issues and challenges facing Arlington;
- A greater ability to articulate a vision of the community and translate that vision into action; and
- Discovering strategies for developing others’ personal vision and power.
- Gaining employees with deepened leadership capabilities and a broadened understanding of how to maximize community engagement;
- The opportunity to showcase your organization’s involvement in the premier leadership organization in the community;
- The rewards of networking with a diverse group of over 800 community leaders representing almost 600 dynamic organizations; and
- An opportunity to make a commitment on behalf of the community
- An improved communications network among civil, social, educational, and business leaders in the county;
- Alumni contribute over 15,000 volunteer hours to the community annually, representing over $175,000;
- Assistance to potential leaders in their development, matching their skills and interests with the needs of the community; and
- A leadership base with a broadened perspective, prepared to more effectively guide Arlington into its future.
Applicants must commit to the following to participate:
- Must have support from employer
- Attend the mandatory opening retreat
- Attend and participate in monthly training sessions (must not miss more than 2 sessions)
- Attend and participate in group community project
Application process will be open January 1, 2021